The Upper Brushy Creek WCID holds elections in even numbered years on the May uniform date. The Directors are elected for 4 year terms by Places.
In compliance with Texas Election Code the District is not able to provide any further information on the candidates other than what is specified in the Code. Elections are governed by Title 15 Texas Election Code. Chapter 255 POLITICAL ADVERTISING AND CAMPAIGN COMMUNICATIONS prohibits the use of public funds for political advertising. The Texas Ethics Commission Guide on Political Advertising applies the “rule of express advocacy” to political subdivisions (the District), whether the content contains express advocacy or not.
May 7, 2022 General Election
Additional information on candidates may be found by searching the internet including social media and reviewing local election guides or news sources.
- Sudip Giri (FILED - February 10, 2022 @ 2:50 pm) Giri Application Giri CTA
- Ed Orlin (FILED - February 17, 2022 @ 3:50 pm) Orlin Application Orlin CTA
- Kristyne Bollier (FILED - February 15, 2022 @ 3:00 pm) Bollier Application Bollier CTA
- Bollier Certificate of Withdrawal (WITHDREW on 2/22/22 @12:37 pm)
ABOUT THE ELECTED POSITION:
The directors are paid $150 per meeting attended, which include regular monthly meetings held on the 3rd Thursday of each month beginning at 4 p.m. and committee meetings that are scheduled as needed. Directors may not exceed $7,200 per year, as this is not a full time paid position. Sometimes the meetings can be lengthy, and preparation is required through reviewing background materials. The term is four years.
Upper Brushy Creek Water Control and Improvement District is composed of five (5) Directors, elected at large by place numbers. Each serve four (4) year terms and are elected by qualified voters of the District. To verify you own property within the district, search address on the Williamson County Appraisal District website and verify that you are paying taxes to "W09-Upper Brushy Creek WCID".
Director term expiration dates:
|May 2022||Place 1 and 2|
|May 2024||Places 3, 4, and 5|
The following is a list of requirements for candidacy (§51.072 Texas Water Code):
- Be a United States citizen;
- Be 18 years of age;
- Be a resident citizen of the State of Texas, and either own land subject to taxation in the District or be a qualified voter within the District.
Potential candidates for the Board of Directors are encouraged to review Texas Water Code Section 49.052, which details certain conditions of disqualification for directors of water districts.
Please refer to: https://www.sos.state.tx.us/elections/laws/candidacy.shtml for more information on Candidacy Filing for Public Office.
Information for CandidatesAmended Appointment of a Campaign Treasurer by a Candidate
Filing deadlines for Campaign Finance Reports(Instructions) are 1) 30-day pre-election report 2) 8-day pre-election report 3) 15th day after campaign treasurer appointment (Officeholder Only) 4) Exceeded Modified Reporting Limit ($940) 5) Runoff 6) July 15th to terminate the campaign treasurer Modified Reporting 1) January 15 2) July 15
Political Advertising What You Need to Know
Local Government Code - signs For more information on sign ordinances please visit the entity where you will be placing the sign and search for political advertising to be up to date on political advertising.
Early Voting and Election Day polling places provided by Williamson County Elections Department
Election Notices and Orders:
- Notice of Election
- Order of Election Resolution 2022 - 01
- Notice of Drawing for a Place on Ballot Public Notice - Expired
- Register to Vote
- Voter ID Requirements
- Texas Election Code
- Texas Ethics Commission
- Texas Secretary of State
- Williamson County Elections Department
- Semi-Annual Campaign Finance Reports
- Reports due on January 15 and July 15 of each year, and reporting requirements end when a candidate has filed a final report with the District Clerk. Candidates are required by state law to file semi-annual campaign finance reports (Form C/OH) with the District Clerk.
For additional questions or information, please contact the District Clerk at 512-652-3512 .